Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What is up with that?

Does anyone else's husband have some sort of weird obsession with dinner? H will call me at some point during the day just to ask what's for dinner. Nothing else, just what's for dinner. Even though he can see what is defrosting on the counter, he'll still ask what the plans are for dinner. What is with that? I don't get it. You'd think that he hadn't eaten all day. If I don't start dinner close to 5 o'clock he acts like I'm starving everyone. Since most people are just getting off of work at 5pm, they usually don't eat dinner until around 6pm right? When I was working that's when we ate. Sometime later. It's driving me insane. I swear, every time he asks about dinner I want to whack him with a skillet. I'm sure people have heard stranger reasons for divorce. He wouldn't put the toilet seat down. He didn't put his dirty clothes in the hamper. He was having sex with other women. He kept bugging the living crap out of me about what was for dinner and it was either divorce or death!!!!!

Sure, there are other things that he does that annoy the living hell out of me. But this pretty much seems to be the only thing that makes me want to rip my hair out and take primal scream therapy. I don't know why it sets me off like it does. I've tried posting menus for the week on the fridge. He still asked. I tried asking him what he wanted for dinner each morning. He would still call and ask! Even putting him in charge of making dinner does not stop the dinner questions! I'm seeking therapy.


For him.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com