Monday, November 27, 2006

I brought sexy back and all I got was store credit

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We ended up just staying home and having a wonderful day all to our selves. I made a turkey, mashed potatoes, candied yams, macaroni salad, cranberry sauce, gravy and of course the lovely brown and serve rolls. We got our pies from Costco. I could have made the pies, but with the kids off of school the whole week there was no way that was going to happen. With much prodding and whining from Katie the house was decorated on Saturday while the guys went out riding.

I actually got up at 4am on Friday and braved the crowds to do some shopping. WalMart was insane! It was so packed that people were abandoning their carts and just carrying their stuff around. I saw pallets of merchandise completely knocked over by people pushing to get stuff. Crazy, crazy. I don't really think that anything is worth that. The deals weren't that good. I got a couple of things, but mostly just a headache. We're planning on taking the kids to Knott's Berry Farm for Christmas so this year I don't have a whole lot of shopping to do as that will be their BIG gift.

This is DH's third week of work and he still hasn't complained about how far he's having to drive. Although I'm complaining about the cost of gas! So far about $260 every two weeks for gas and lunches. That's over $500 a month! More than a car payment! It's just wrong, wrong, wrong. Whatever happened to gas being 99 cents a gallon? I'm guessing we'll be lucky if we ever see gas for $2 a gallon any time within the next year. Dh's employer did give him an express lane pass so he can use the express lanes. It doesn't seem to be helping much, but for the last week traffic has been really super bad and will probably stay that way through the holidays.

Our medical insurance starts at the end of next week so I've been busy on the phone scheduling check ups and trips to the dentist. I'm so dreading taking the kids to the dentist. I'm such a bad mom. Mikel has only been once and Katie has never been at all. The time I took Mikel it took three people to hold him down just so the dentitst could examine his teeth! I'm going to have to heavily research sedation dentistry. I can see we're in for a lot of problems there. I just hate going to the dentist. Every time I get my teeth cleaned my mouth aches for a day. I'm such a wuss.

Tomorrow, I promise. The book review. If you're as frantic as I am, then it will be a big help.

1 comment:

Table4Five said...

That is the funniest post title ever!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com