Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I can see what's coming

I'm going to wind up being one of those old crochety people that yells at kids to keep off my lawn. Last night almost every single kid either complained about our screen door, the amount of candy we gave, what kind of candy we gave, and the fact that we ran out. Not only that, but two of our pumpkins were knocked over, one was smashed on our sidewalk, and another one was stolen completely! For most of us Halloween is a time to get dressed up and get some free candy. Apparently for teenage girls it's a time to dress like a hooker and get some free candy. For teenage boys it's a time to dress like a teenage girl or a baby, get some free candy, and destroy/steal pumpkins. The kids had a great time and totally wore themselves out. It was actually pretty cold outside this year and we ended up not going through the whole neighborhood. Our friends and their two kids came over and we all went together. I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed myself, except for the part where I had to clean up dead pumpkin off my sidewalk.

My son hates doing his homework. He drags it out as long as possible and comes up with new excuses daily. Yet when it's time to do the extra credit homework he's all over it. WTH?

It's really embarassing. My five year old daughter can walk in high heels better than I can. I thought I was such a girly girl.

Mikel's new thing is to tell me that he's going to leave and find a new mom. A mom that doesn't make him do homework or take a shower and brush his teeth. Yeah. Good luck with that kid.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com