Sunday, April 27, 2008

The original reason

The original reason for my blog title was because I needed to lose weight. I was having massive health problems. Problems with my back, my knees, my feet, not to mention my liver, high blood pressure and near diabetes. I made several half assed attempts to lose weight. I'd lose 10 or 15 pounds and then the weight would stop coming off and I'd give up and then gain it all back plus a little more. Finally when we moved back to Fresno and got medical insurance, I had to go in for a physical. When I stepped on the scale the numbers almost gave me a heart attack. 238 pounds. I'm 5'4". I went right past fat and straight into morbidly obese. I wasn't chubby. I wasn't pleasantly plump. I was morbidly obese. I was 110 pounds over my ideal weight for my height and age. I was in candidate for gastric bypass territory. So I went home and decided that I had to do something. I was pushing 250 and I completely refused to go up another size. I was wearing a size 20. So I cut out fast food and started taking Alli. I followed their meal plan and took the medication as per directions. I started walking. EVERY DAY. For miles. I worked my way up to 4-5 miles a day. The weight actually came off pretty fast. I haven't lost it all, but I'm more than half way there. I've lost 60 pounds. That's more than my daughter weighs. I can carry her now and not be totally out of breath. Eventually I added in strength training and that has helped a lot too. I can feel my muscles underneath the fat and they are actually starting to become visible. It's awesome. I've done a lot of research. Over the next few posts, as I can manage them, I'll write about the books I read, and the websites I've found that really helped me. Hopefully I can help someone else to get to where I am and make a difference in someone's life.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com