Monday, January 22, 2007

I mailed poo today

Yes. Yes I did. Sounds fun right? Apparently the old ways of obtaining a stool sample are over. Now you can do it at home and mail in the poo! Ok, so you're not actually mailing a piece of poo. You're just mailing a little smear. That sounds really gross. But without going into great detail that's all I can come up with. I know I have a very strange sense of humor, but mailing it in just seems funny to me.

Did you ever have one of those moments while driving that you think, "where is a cop when you need one"? Today after dropping Mikel off at school I pulled out into traffic. Most of the time I do an illegal U turn and go home. Pretty much everyone does it because the only other way is about a 5 mile drive. Back to me. Today I saw a Sherrif's Deputy driving up behind me, so I just drove straight and planned on making a left turn down the dead end street and doing the U turn there. Some lady two cars ahead of me pulls into the right hand turn lane and starts to turn. What she was really doing was swinging wide to do an illegal U turn. Right there at the intersection. So as I start to drive forward she swings her van around and does a U turn right in front of me. If I hadn't been paying attention, I would have hit her. I honked my horn at her and she gave me a dirty look. I hoped that the sherrif saw her. Sure enough, as I start to make my turn the lights come on and he does a U turn and pulls up behind her. Haha! I went down to the dead end and turned around and as I drove around the corner they were standing there and I could tell she was arguing with the deputy. I'm still laughing about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems very odd that you can send a poo smear by mail. At the very least, you'd think they would worry about temperature control or something. At least you can do the whole thing from the comfort of your own home.

labsnabys said...

It seems very odd that you can send a poo smear by mail. At the very least, you'd think they would worry about temperature control or something. At least you can do the whole thing from the comfort of your own home.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com