Monday, January 08, 2007

Thirsty?

LaKatie has this thing about water. She loves it, and that's great. I'm glad I don't have to try and get her to drink it. She prefers water to juice or anything else. But here's the thing. She only likes cold water. Ice cold water. I know you're thinking that what's the big deal about that? Well, we have a water cooler so it's easy for her to get her own water. Again, the big deal is??? She doesn't just get herself a drink. She fills the cup and the sets it down somewhere and forgets about it. Then later when she wants a drink she either pours the water out in the sink because lord have mercy it's gotten warm! Or, she forgot where she put it and gets herself another cup, and it's not ok to just put an ice cube in the warm water either. Oh no! That stuff had better be fresh lady. Even if does only cost $1.25 to fill up the five gallon water bottle, it sure seems like we're pouring a lot of money down the sink.

Can you hear the angels singing? The kids go back to school today. My freedom has returned! One of my new year's resolutions is to go see a movie every Tuesday. I love going to the movies and I'm a member of the Regal Crown club, so I earn points towards free stuff like popcorn and movie tickets each time I go to the movies. Since Tuesday is free popcorn day, I thought that would be a good, wallet friendly day to go. I can see all the chick flicks I want to see while the kids are at school and earn free tickets so I can take the kids to see the movies they'd like to see. It looks like a win, win situation so far.

Dh is still in Vegas. The convention starts today so hopefully he won't be so bored. Can you imagine anyone being bored in Vegas? If anybody can do it, it would be my husband. I guess being there with the people you work with isn't exactly an ideal situation. It would be more fun if he wasn't there to work most likely.

I started a new routine with the kids last night. No tv while going to bed. It's going to be a rough time getting that to stick. Both kids threw screaming fits, but I'm hoping that it won't take too long for them to get used to it. It's mine and dh's fault really, but the kids are the ones suffering for it. It's just not good for them and they stay up later than they should. Especially Mikel. That kid is a night owl if I've ever seen one. He'd stay up until who knows when and then sleep all day. Not good for a little boy that's going to school. Plus he's not getting enough rest and it's making him really cranky, and that makes me really cranky.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I lived in Vegas for years...bored during CES? That is one crazy time in that town!

Kristin said...

I lived in Vegas for years...bored during CES? That is one crazy time in that town!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com