Friday, January 05, 2007

I don't know why they call it winter break

It's not a break for us parents. Maybe a break from having to get up and get ready for school for those of us that stay home, but for everyone else, not so much of a break. The kids are definately ready to go back to school. They've been fighting all day. Most of the week after christmas was spent recovering. I got tonsilitis for christmas and it was a gift that kept on giving. For a least a week. Thank goodness the kids didn't get it though. So this week was spent trying to make up for a so-so first week of vacation. Dh left for Vegas on Wednesday for the CES show. That's the Consumer Electronics Show. He's going to be gone for 9 days. Uninterupted tv watching in the evenings for me. How I shall enjoy it.

Tuesday we spent the afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese's and spent a whole lot of money to win stuff that's nothing but junk. Wednesday we drove DH to the airport and that was an experience. I'm dreading having to drive back by myself next Friday. Thursday I took the kids to see Happy Feet. A very cute movie, the kids really enjoyed. La Katie really shook her groove thang during the whole movie. Today we went to McDonald's for a couple of hours and enjoyed the playground. If the weather improves we may spend the day at the park on Sunday.

I finally took down all my Christmas decorations today. The christmas lights on the house will have to wait for dh. I'm so not about attempting that on my own. I'm crazy, not brave.

We had a nice visit with my parents over New Year's weekend. Even though our truck broke down new year's eve and dh and Mike were left sitting by the side of the road waiting for a tow truck for three hours. It's been repaired and is thankfully back in running condition. Driving dh's little car is really unappealing. It's just a little commuter car. A two-door, stick shift. Not exactly kid friendly transport.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com