Friday, May 19, 2006

I Love Lucy

I'm telling you, my life is an I Love Lucy episode. Last night my daughter woke up and wanted a glass of water. So I got up and went to our water cooler. Usually Katie leaves her cup on the shelf next to the water cooler. The thing is, she only likes cold water. So I picked up the cup and dumped the contents into the fish tank. That was not a good idea. It wasn't a good idea because Katie hadn't left a cup full of water there, she had left a cup full of hours old chocolate milk. Yes you read that correctly. I poured probably four ounces of curdled chocolate milk into the 12, oh yeah, 12 gallon fish tank. Nothing wakes you up like realizing you probably just killed two of your children's pets. When they say "death by chocolate" they probably didn't mean it that way.

So this afternoon I finally worked up enough nerve to clean out the tank. Amazingly the fish were still alive! Hardy little suckers aren't they? So after emptying the tank and washing the rocks, the filter, the little fishy toys, and the inside of the tank I start filling it back up. After the third trip with the pitcher I decided that there had to be a better, faster way to fill up the fish tank. With the water hose of course!!!! That's brilliant! Wile E. Coyote suuuuuper geeeenius, yes that's me. I enlisted the help of my loving daughter. Here kid, hold this hose in the fish tank. I've mentioned that she's only four years old before right? I turn the water on and what does she do? She lets go of the hose. The wall and the carpet are now soaking wet. Oh, and so is Katie. I ran out to shut off the water and the tank overflowed.

Don't you wish you were me? Seriously, I know you want it. You ain't got ta' lie baby! Thank goodness I own a lot of towels. Water mops up pretty easily and now my carpet is clean! Sweet. What I really can't wait for is to hear Katie's version when dh finally comes home from visiting his dad.

Btw, my fil is at home now. Turns out he didn't have medical insurance and so the doctors decided to release him back into the wild. He's doing about as well as can be expected for having had a heart attack a week ago.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com