Tuesday, August 08, 2006

How could you not know that?

I had to go to the Post Office today and ship a book that I sold on Ebay. Of course I made sure to have it packaged and labeled beforeI got there. I suspect that the reason Post Office employees go postal, is because of the idiocy they have to put up with on a daily basis. They will package and label your stuff for you, IF you are paying for Express Mail. My point? This lady brought in two boxes that weren't taped shut. I should also mention that one was a box from Milk that you buy at Costco and the other one was a box from Fruit Punch. When you use boxes like that, they have to be wrapped in brown wrap. You can't have someone thinking that you're shipping milk, that would just be wrong.

Not only did this lady not know about having to wrap the boxes, but she just couldn't seem to understand why the postal employee wouldn't tape her boxes shut and print out a label for them. Then she got really upset when the postal employee showed her the display of tape and package wrap and what not for sale. She was actually pissed of that she was expected to wrap and label her own packages! The nerve of those damn postal employees. Good help is hard to find these days.

I realize that many people may not have the shipping experience that I do. In my previous job I did a lot of shipping with UPS, FedEx, and the Post Office. So I guess I am more familiar with shipping procedures that your average person, possibly or possbily not. But, it just seems like common sense to me that you go to the post office to buy postage and have the package delievered. It's the Post Office. Not the Package and Post Office.

Aunt Flo has left the building. Now I get the joy of paying for my birth control pills without insurance! Yipee. Since dh switched jobs we have to wait 90 days before we can get medical insurance. Which means we'll be paying for meds out of pocket. Dh's blood pressure medication isn't too expensive, it's the antidepressants that have me in a cold sweat. I can't go without them and there is no generic brand of Wellbutrin yet. So we'll be paying full price. Yikes. That's a depressing thought right there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that none of us gets sick or hurt. Oy! One thing ends and another begins.

Two and half weeks until school begins. I've started making lists of the things I'm going to do when the kids are gone. Like sleep, paint my toes, sleep, read, sleep, watch tv, and sleep.

I can't stand Jessica Simpson's new song. It's just the same thing over and over again. Sad that someone with such talent puts out such fluff. I still think poor Nick never should have married her. What a waste of a good looking man. Now he's a man whore.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com