Sunday, August 13, 2006

They've got his number

Dh needs to have "Impulse Shopper" tattooed on his forehead. You know all the tricks stores use to get you to buy all the useless stuff you don't need? Every single one of them works on my husband. End caps, anything marked "special buy", and fugedaboudit if it's on sale. The man loves to shop. I know, you think I'm crazy for complaining about it, but you're not the one shopping with him. If we're at the mall it's great. Especially because he usually spends money on me! But at the grocery store, where we're on a budget and I just want to get what we need and get out of there, he goes through EVERY SINGLE aisle. Every. Single. Aisle.

What's so bad about that you ask. Well, let me enlighten you. Even when he's not hungry he will throw whatever looks good into the cart. See I'm trying this thing where I plan dinner menus and get only what I'll need to make dinners for the next two weeks, and then shop for snacks and other meals. The first week I did it I cut my grocery bill in half. That was awesome. I was stoked because I actually had money left over. This week dh and the kids went with me. I overspent by about $70. Yeah. There went the fun money. Buh-bye. He better enjoy that food and none of it better go bad either. I swear I'll shove it up his nose.

La Katie has eaten a bowl of cereal, a popsicle, and is now on her second bowl of cereal. In the last hour. You think that they only eat like that when they're babies or teenagers, but really, they eat like wild animals all the damn time. She asked for some pirate cereal. I could figure out what in the hell she was talking about. She couldn't tell me what it looked like or where in the cabinet she thought it was. So I'm pulling every single cereal we have out of the cupboard and she points at the Captain Crunch. Ah! The light bulb goes on. Dur, d-dur, dur!

We bought some No More Tangles to help with brush La Katie's hair. It's all the way down to her butt and it is a bitch to brush and keep looking nice. She screams and hides any time I suggest cutting it. I'm not saying I'm going to cut it short, but jeez it takes forever to dry and she insists on wearing it down all the time. She never wants to put it back. Do you have any idea how tangled her hair gets? Any who, back to the No More Tangles spray. Apparently it's addicting. She's carried it around since we got home and she hasn't stopped spraying her hair. "But mom, I don't want my hair to get tangled!" Oy the vanity. Can you see me surviving her teenage years? I don't think I'm going to make it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My beloved is the shopper in our family, too.

dorothy said...

My beloved is the shopper in our family, too.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com