Monday, September 18, 2006

Someone slap if I sound that bitter again

The childrens are back to going to school without numerous attempts at avoidance. It's so nice when they get up, get ready, and go. No having to drag them out of the house and into the car, and then out of the car and into the school. We are getting back into our routine finally. Just in time to have two weeks of peace before my parents visit for Katie's birthday. Thankfully when my parents visit, chaos doesn't reign the way it does when the in-laws are in town.

Mikel informed me today that he kissed R behind the bushes at recess. I so don't want to have the "keep it in your pants" speech with my six year old. I advised that maybe a hug is a little bit better at this stage. Maybe I'm over reacting, maybe I'm not. Better safe than sorry.

I'm making homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. The house smells so yummy. They seriously need to make a candle that smells like that.

I cut my hair last week. It went from being below my shoulders to being just above my earlobes. Dh still hasn't said anything. I'm afraid to ask and hear the answer. Not that it matters, I like it and it's my hair. So neener neener. I also dyed it back to my natural dark brown. I'm rather pleased with it. Now my hair has a style other than ponytail or bun.

Mikel's teacher is due to have a baby in about 4 weeks. I honestly had no idea. I thought she might just be chubby. The shirts she wears don't really look like maternity clothes. I didn't want to assume that she was pregnant. I guess assuming that she was fat wasn't much better though huh? At least I didn't open my big mouth about it. She's gonna have a teeny tiny baby though. For being 8 months along she's not very big. Lucky her. With both of my kids by 7 months I was the size of a small house.

We had a nice visit with Dh's aunt and uncle yesterday. We just hung out and visited. Aunt B and I madea trip to the mall and she bought me a delicious chocolate covered strawberry. I'll be going back to that store. They had rocky road covered apples!

We should be getting our approval for food stamps by tomorrow and our medi-cal worker should be calling soon. Now we can get actual groceries instead of just winging it and buying what we needed by the day and trying to minimize our food spending. It's hard living on just disability. Dh has his unemployment interview this week and hopefully he'll be getting some money from that soon as well. Of course it would be nice if he got a job, but I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com