Sunday, March 27, 2011

It was cute

Saturday night during dinner The Girl comes up to me and starts telling me about what she wants for her birthday. Her birthday is in October. In case you're living under a rock, it's March.  A little premature for starting the birthday gift shopping. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the heads up, but I'm sure it will change no less than a thousand times between now and October.

Any way, the conversation went something like this:

"Mom, for my birthday I want the blah, blah, blah something electronic journal."
(I was listening, she just talks so darn quiet)

"Your birthday is in October."

"I know"

"It's March"

"I know, but that's what I want"

"Okay, well thanks for the tip"

I looked up and saw Jason smiling at us. He heard the whole thing.  We smiled at each other and it struck me later as the type of thing that parents do all the time. The kids are cute, they smile at each other like "how cute was that?" It amazes me how much a part of our lives he's become and how much the kids are getting attached to him and him to them. The summer is going to suck while he's gone. I haven't even told the kids that he'll probably be gone for six months. The Boy is going to have a cow.

Wow, I ended up going a totally different direction with this than what I started with. Oh well. I'm going to publish it any way. Have a great week everybody.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com