1. First list item starts here…
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Bubbles! I love bubbles and so do the kids. I can spend an hour blowing bubbles and it's totally justified.
- The relationships. I love getting to know these children and their families. I'm in their homes and feel incredibly lucky to be such a helpful part of their lives.
- Toys! I need to have toys that the kids are interested in and are willing to work for. Toy shopping is always fun.
- I pretty much set my own schedule and have lots of flexibilty for my own children.
- Getting to see the improvements the kids make on a daily basis. I watched a child struggle with something for months and suddenly she's taken off and can do things we weren't expecting her to do for months from now.
- Seeing the love the parents have for their children and how hard they work to help their child.
- The 40 minute drive to work. It's a beautiful drive. I can see the mountains and orchards. It's nice to relax on the way to work and gives me time to unwind on the way home.
- Hearing the children's voices sometimes for the first time ever. The joy on a parent's face when their hear their child talk for the first time is amazing.
- I'm learning something new. I had only heard of ABA therapy in classes before this. Now I'm getting to know all the details. ABA is Applied Behavioral Analysis. Basically, it's behavioral modification.
- I'm getting paid to play. How awesome is that?
- This job is pretty close to the job I set out to do when I went back to school. Once I get my Master's Degree, I'll be even closer. But I'm getting some great experience in the mean time.
- Working this closely with parents is something I've really needed to work on. I'm great with the kids, but talking to parents takes practice. I'm glad I'm getting this opportunity.
- I gotta say, the pay isn't bad either. It's not going to make me rich, but I didn't go into this field for the money. But it doesn't hurt to make decent money doing what you love right?