Friday, July 28, 2006

Blech! Blah, blah, blah

I started taking a fish oil supplement for the omega 3's. I've never noticed any weird aftertaste until today. Now every time I burp, I can taste tuna. Which would be ok if I'd had a tuna sandwich for lunch, but I had a venti Java Chip frappucino. With whipped cream of course.

They had a party for the end of the summer reading program at the library today. Would you believe that I spent three hours trying to get a picture of The Girl With The World's Worst Mullet? Seriously, I was trying to catch her at an angle that would showcase the horridness of the mullet and not show her face. But alas, it was not to be. Sorry guys. Her mom is really odd too. The library arranged for a hearing impaired lady to show the kids how her "hearing" dog helps her and the mom of the mullet went over to her and was speaking in a really quiet voice. Hello!!! She's hearing impaired, that means she don't hear so good. You need to speak up and annunciate. I don't know if I spelled that word right. My apologies, the margaritas are starting to kick in.

They also had clowns there making balloon animals and doing face painting. Apparently, according to the grumpy old lady clown, they were only supposed to be there for an hour and a half. Well of course every single kid there wanted to have something painted on them and wanted their damn balloon animal. Can't say that I blame them, who turns down balloon animals? There were a lot of kids there. A lot. Plus, they were high in the free cake and soda they were serving. So yeah, it was loud and obnoxious and I have a headache THIS BIG. Oy vey. The party started at 11am and they had the lady with the "hearing" dog go first with her demonstration. Then they did a raffle and then they started the face painting and balloon animal making. I guess the grumpy clown thought their time started at 11am and not at 12pm when the party actually got rolling. Everytime a kid sat down in the chair to have their face painted the grumpy clown would ask if the other clown was still there and say that they were going over the time they were booked for. Never once did she ask one of the librarians if she should stop or if they could make an announcement that the face painting was over. She just sat there painting faces and muttering to herself. I though clowns were supposed to be happy. Maybe she was one of those sad clowns that only laughs on the inside.

I was taking to dh earlier this evening and he finished every single sentence with "blah, blah, blah". Every time he said it, I so had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing or saying "yadda, yadda, yadda". He would say it almost every three words. "She called earlier blah blah blah. To find out about the stereo blah blah blah". I don't think he even realized that he was doing it. I though about pointing it out, but he hates it when I'm a smart ass. So he spends a lot of time hating it. Cause I'm always a smart ass. Better a smart ass, than a dumb ass.

What's the definition of a smart ass? One that can sit on an ice cream cone and tell you the flavor.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com