Tuesday, July 18, 2006

When all else fails, blame it on the dog

My son asked me to make him scrambled eggs this afternoon. He even carried an egg into my daughter's room where I was cleaning. Since it was about 10 minutes before we had to leave for their karate lesson, I told him no. I went to grab an oh so delicious diet dr. pepper out of the fridge and I see a yellowish puddle on the floor. I asked my son if the dog had peed in the kitchen. He answered yes and it was over by the sink too. Since it's been a while since the dog has done this I thought it was weird that he'd done it once. Much less twice. I looked for a towel to clean the mess up with and it wasn't where I usually hang it. Then I noticed the two PS2 games propped up against the cupboards. When I picked them up I found my kitchen towel stuffed underneath the cupboards. When I picked up the kitchen towel I found a broken egg. In the sink I found another broken egg. So not only did he try to cover it up, he also tried to blame it on the dog. I sense a trend starting.

I just love it when my son feels compelled to tell me to ignore my daughter when she tells me she hates me. It's a good thing he's around. Otherwise, I might get my feelings hurt.

I don't know what caused it, but suddenly my husband has stopped his daily phone calls to ask if we got any mail and what's for dinner. I'm not complaining. I just find it fascinating that it stopped all of the sudden. It was one of my biggest pet peeves. I shall now do the dance of joy.

Washing your sheets is like washing your car. You wash your car and it rains. You wash your sheets and one of the kids wets the bed. At least for me any way.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com