Thursday, October 26, 2006

Deja Vu

There's a big fire about 15 miles from where we live. There is smoke and ash everywhere. It reminds me of the wildfires in San Diego a couple of years ago. The sun is completely blocked out and the smoke burns your nose when you go outside. It really sucks. The kids are on rainy day schedule until it clears up. That's a scary thought huh? Hundreds of kids kept inside all day and all night. There could be a mutiny. Already people are walking around with masks on, it looks like a sars outbreak.

I got myself a membership to the aquatic center. A very lovely heated indoor pool. Swimming year round yes indeedy. I used to swim a lot when I was younger. Swim team in high school and all that. It sure is different and a lot harder than I remember. It's funny how you remember how to do something but now that you're older and heavier (well maybe you yourself aren't heavier, but you get what I mean) that your body doesn't exactly work the way you want it too. Not exactly like riding a bike. When I got home from my first workout yesterday dh asked how it went and I told him I thought I was dying. Yikes I'm out of shape. Not that I thought I was in all that great shape anyway, but it seemed a whole lot worse yesterday. I've been walking a mile and a half to sometimes three miles a day and I didn't think the swimming would wear me out the way it has been. I guess it's not really the same huh? Duh.

As I stated in the last post, Katie has decided to be the Little Mermaid for Halloween. She's now launched a campaign for mermaid shoes. Ummmmm, honey, mermaids don't have feet. Thus, they don't wear shoes. She's not buying it. Not that I'm advocating her going barefoot on Halloween, but has anyone seen a pair of shoes with Ariel on them?! Cause all the other princesses that have feet have a pair of shoes with their picture on them. But not Ariel. What's up with the non-mermaid love?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your description reminds me of Ray Bradbury's "All Summer In A Day."

dorothy said...

Your description reminds me of Ray Bradbury's "All Summer In A Day."

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com