Friday, October 06, 2006

Say what?

I had an appointment to get me some drugs last night, out of town of course. Not too far out, just far enough so no one would recognize me. The place was dark and hard to find but the people sure were friendly. Lest you think this blog has suddenly gone a very bizarre direction, I was at my psychiatrist's office. She moved darn her. Darn her all to heck! For some odd reason she only does evening appointments so I was out of the house all by my lonesome after dark. Of course I missed dinner and got home after Grey's Anatomy. I forgot to set the DVR!!!!! I missed it!!!! Now we know why I need medication. When I did finally get home all I wanted to do was go to bed. It's exhausting being crazy. I believe I've said that before. Any way, to get to the point, dh accused me of using the doctor's appointment as an excuse to go out to eat by myself. Say what? Why would I do something like that? The thought has occured to me, but why would I feel the need to sneak off. Nope, not me. If I'm gonna bail he'll know it. LOUD AND CLEAR.

I had to sit down and write about this in the middle of clipping coupons. Whoever that chick is that's guest hosting on The View just said that Halloween is a "devilsh" holiday. That it celebrates the occult and the devil. Ummmmm, ok. You know I think there probably are some people that celebrate it that way, but the vast majority of us just think it's a time to dress our adorable kids up in painfully cute costumes and gather as much chocolate as we can. For my family it's about having fun. Nothing else. My dh and I remember going trick or treating as children and how much fun it was and we want our children to experience that. It's all about what sort of meaning you place on it. It's that way with any holiday. I have to wonder how people's children feel that don't get to go trick or treating. What does that do to them?

This post has taken me all day to write. A minute here, 30 seconds there. Having four kids in the house is a lot of work! Sil and I did some grocery shopping today. I seriously do not know how people with large families do it. Not only the cost, but where to put the stuff once you get it home! Holy cow what a workout. I have a HUGE pot of chicken soup on the stove simmering for dinner later. I have to learn to shop and cook for 8 people. Major brownie points to the families that have more than 2 kids. I have all I can handle with just my 2, I don't know what I would do with more!

I just love using the exclamation point. Really I do. I'm not shouting. Just making a point. Haha.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com