Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

While out and about today I saw a mechanic's shop. It was called Certified Automotive, but certified was spelled CERDAFIDE. I don't know about you, but that doesn't really inspire a whole lot of confidence for me. Kinda sounds like a place where you'd drop off a mercedes and pick up a metro.

My son just asked me what being gay means. Next he'll be asking where babies come from. He's only 6! He shouldn't be asking these questions. I explained as best I could without giving too many details, but when he asked me I almost swallowed my tongue.

Dh and I were having a "discussion" earlier. He said that all people that have tattoos are ghetto. He thinks that people are disrespecting themselves by defacing their bodies. I don't see it that way. It's their body, if they want to get tattoos all over themselves, then why not? I don't judge people based on the fact that they have a or several tattoos. That just seemed sooo judgemental and snobbish to me. We must have "discussed" the subject for 45 minutes before I finally gave up. I seriously wanted to take off his hat and smack him with it.

The in-laws are talking about coming to visit for Thanksgiving. Isn't that great? Can you feel my joy radiating through the screen? I'm sure you can. That light on the horizon? That's my smile! I'm beginning to feel like my house is a VW bug and we're going to see just how many people we can cram in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I realize that this post is older, but I just finished moving all of my feeds to bloglines and this one popped up as new so I was reading and i just want to say

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

for the best laugh I've had all day!

I completely know the feeling of the desire to "take of his hat and whack him with it"

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com