Thursday, October 05, 2006

Someone Please Shoot Me

I've been trying for the past hour and a half to post an entry about Katie's birthday. But there's been an attack by a screaming baby and Flickr hates me. I'm now emotionally drained. I need a cheeseburger and a chocolate shake STAT.

My sil and niece and nephew have moved in and have been living with us for almost two weeks. I don't know how much longer I can hold on. It's not that I don't like her, but I feel like my home has been invaded. My poor son had to give up his room and our lives are being turned upside down. Not only that, but her fiance is here every single night for dinner. She is helping a lot with food and cleaning. But I feel like my house is just a total disaster area. Here I was finally getting things in order and under control and now my kitchen looks like a bomb went off in there.

My niece is really acting up. I'm sure it's due to all of the moving around and new environment, but I can't just sit here and let her set a bad example for my kids. Already Mikel has picked up the smartmouth. She keeps the kids awake for at least half an hour after bed time with her antics. It's already hard to get them to go to bed as it is. Really, I've never wanted to spank a child so bad in my whole life. My sil is just letting her get away with stuff or is letting my niece wear her down until she gives in. I don't want to overstep my boundaries, but at what point do I say something to keep it from affecting my kids?

Gah! I thought last month was bad. Perhaps I need to double my medication.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com