Sunday, March 16, 2008

Don't send the cheesecake just yet

I think I may have turned the corner. I can successfully breathe out of one of my nostrils today. I hate breathing through my mouth. It just bugs me. I'm weird like that.

Today is Mikel's birthday. He's 8 years old. Ok, maybe the cheesecake wouldn't be such a bad idea. I'm the mother on an 8 year old. Frankly I'm amazed we made it this far. He's still alive and healthy. How 'bout that huh? I will say in the last few weeks things have started to turn around. He's been seeing his therapist for about 6 weeks now and while he hasn't been willing to talk to her much, the things she's been able to help me with have made a difference. He's been diagnosed as having ADHD. Which would certainly explain why he bounces off the walls. She hasn't recommended any medication and thinks that there are things we can do for him without resorting to that just yet. I'm relieved. I'm not sure H would go for medicating our son. Of course he needs to be medicated himself, but that's a whole other post. Any hoo, we had Mikel's party last week and it was great. Lots of friends and family. I made an awesome army cake. Mikel helped with the decorating. He was quite proud of himself, I was too.

Happy birthday Mikel, many happy returns.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com