Thursday, March 20, 2008

Next I'll be running with scissors

Now that I've blown it and missed a couple of days I'm going to throw caution to the wind. I'll run with scissors while eating a lollipop. That's just how I roll.

My parents, my brother, and his kiddos left for the desert today. The whole house to ourselves for three days. Now that's a happy Easter.

My kids get two weeks off for "spring break". They had three weeks off for Christmas. It's anarchy in the Central Unified district. We know how to par-tay here in the central valley folks. That's not a crime spree, those are my relatives.

I just finished reading Rhett Butler's People. It was really interesting to read the story from Rhett's point of view. Being a HUGE, lifelong, Gone With the Wind fan I was skeptical, but pleasantly surprised. As with the other sequel/whatever you want to call it (Scarlett), it was like a continuation of the original. Margaret Mitchell would be proud. Although as I understand it, her estate must approve of the books/writing/authors. I can't say that I'd want a remake of Gone With the Wind, but movies of the two newer books would be interesting. I don't know if they could ever top Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh. It just doesn't get any better than those two.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com