Friday, June 23, 2006

Hello?

Katie wanted to call someone on my cell phone. Actually what she said was, "I'm going to take care of your phone for you mom." Yeah, like that was going to happen. I could just see the cell bill with calls to China on there. I asked her if she wanted to call someone and she nodded her head. At this point she still wouldn't let go of the phone. I told her that I would have to dial the number for her and she reluctantly released custody of the phone. It's pink and cool looking, I can't really say that I blame her.

I knew my dh was sitting in the living room and had his cell with him, so I called him and gave Katie the phone. I handed the phone to her and told her to put it to her ear. "Who is it?" she asked. I told her it was daddy and she should say hello. She asked me if that was her other daddy. What other daddy would that be? Who does she think this mysterious other daddy is? I think maybe she thought it might be my dad. She hasn't quite grasped the concept that my dad is her grandpa. I heard dh answer his phone and her eyes lit up. "Mom it sounds just like my dad!" When I started to laugh she got mad. She's having embarassment issues lately. No laughing at La Katie! It will not be tolerated.

When I explained that it was in fact her dad, she gave the phone to me and told me to talk to him. I told dh what was going on and he said "oh, ooooookkkkkkkkkkkkk" like I was the freak in this situation. Obviously it was him. The call made perfect sense to me.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com