Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ugh!

I sat down at my computer and had what I wanted to say all planned out. Then the kids sat down at the table with me and started asking me how to spell things. Mikel asked me how to write his address. Katie asked me to help her with her workbook. Do you know how hard it is to type while trying to spell? It ain't easy. They're still talking to me and my brain is going into overload. Make them stooooooopppppp!

I know have a plan for the summer. Go to the movies in the morning, home for lunch, go to the park, and the go to the library in the afternoon. The kids were hammered last night. Dinner, bath/shower and then bed. They went to sleep, without me giving them benadryl. Shhhhhh, that last part is a secret. Wear the children out. That is my mission. Make them tired and they'll go to bed early, then I can have some peace and quiet. The only time it will be better is when dh is gone on his business trip and then I'll have the bed all to myself! I won't have to sleep hugging the edge of the bed. I can leave the french door open all night. What I wouldn't give for a vacation!

I actually managed to clean my living room today. It's clean for the moment. Tomorrow, the kitchen! It's horrifying, absolutely horrifying. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing growing in the sink or the fridge. However, I did find the pan from Katie's tea set in her room and there is an unidentifiable substance in there that has hair like Don King.

Note to self: no caffeine for Mikel after 2pm. He's positively vibrating right now.

Two loads of laundry are sitting in my living room waiting to be folded and I'm avoiding them like they're my ex-boyfried with the hairy back. I know there are women that love a hairy guy, but does anyone actually like a hairy back? Dh occasionally sprouts a hair on his back. I like to wait until he's asleep and then pluck it. It's hysterical the way he jumps. I'm going to hell aren't I?

I'm on a hair rant for some reason. While I'm at it, I hate my hair. It's frizzy and none of the de-frizzing hair products I've tried work. Every time I dye my hair the color only covers the gray for about a week and then it's back with a vengence. I'm trying to decide if I should just cut it short again and wake up with the There's Something About Mary do, or perm it and possibly have an afro. I'm all for self-expression, but I'm really not the afro havin' type.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com