Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's gettin' hot in here! So take off all your clothes

I put away laundry this morning in just my underwear and t-shirt. TMI, I know, but it felt so darn good! By 8:30 in the morning it's already in the mid-eighties and by noon it's in the high ninties to in the hundreds. I don't own a single pair of shorts because I feel that it's unfair to make the public suffer at the sight of my ultra-white, flabby thighs. I have great calves on the other hand so I only wear capris. This morning it was so freakin' hot and I was so sweaty after giving the dog a bath that I decided to put the laundry away half dressed. I was getting ready to take a shower any way. I'm avoiding turning on the air conditioner because we finally got our gas bill to go down after running the heater almost all winter. It's lovely living in the desert, really it is.

I went up north to visit my family and my fil for a week over the holdiday weekend. My fil is doing a little bit better, but is still having difficulty with his heart and with problems resulting from his stroke. It was nice to get to see everybody and we got to celebrate my father's birthday with him. It was pretty relaxing not having to keep the house clean or worrying about running errands or getting other stuff done. My brother barbequed some chicken that was soooooo good. I'll have to invite him down here to visit soon so he can do it again! I got to meet his new girlfriend and her children, they seem really nice. His girlfriend is actually a little older than me and we went to high school together. She says she remembers me, but I don't remember her at all.

Finally being back at home is always nice though. I missed my own bed and the kids having their own beds to sleep in. I don't really relish living out of a duffle bag. Dh will be traveling next week to North Carolina for his work so he'll be gone pretty much all week. After being home for only five days! That's ok though, there's always the welcome home sex to look forward to! TMI again, sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear/read about your FIL being ill - my husband is 10 years older than me, and his father is 10 years older than my MIL . . . adds up to a senior FIL who occasionally scares the crap outta me because given my hubby's reaction to the death of _housepets_, I think we're in for a baaaaaaaaaad time. I hope all's well in your end of the world.

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Capris are a good thing said the owner of ultrawhite, ultraflabby thighs. You know when you see the moon hanging low in the East? That's not the moon; that's the reflection off my thighs all the way from the east coast.

I hope your FIL continues to improve!!

peppypilotgirl said...

Capris are a good thing said the owner of ultrawhite, ultraflabby thighs. You know when you see the moon hanging low in the East? That's not the moon; that's the reflection off my thighs all the way from the east coast.

I hope your FIL continues to improve!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com