Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Oh grasshoppa!

The kids started karate lessons today. Originally I was just going to sign Mikel up, but at the last minute asked Katie if she wanted to try it. She had lots of fun and now both of the kids will have something to do over the summer. One of the other boys from teeball is taking the lessons too and I get along really well with his mom. We were talking during the lesson and the woman in front of us kept turning around and giving us the evil eye. We weren't talking loudly, we weren't being rude. I think she was just hatin' cause we're beautiful.

Tonight was the team party for teeball. Again, not all of the kids showed up. Who doesn't show up for free pizza and a trophy? Why, why would you not take your child to something like that? It's sad really. Free pizza. Those two words alone brought me running. The only thing that would have made me run faster would have been free pool boys. So what if I don't have a pool?

Mikel just told me that his head is a meatball. I'm so glad he's not delusional like most men.

For some reason for the last two weeks I just can't seem to get going. All I want to do is sleep, and then sleep some more. I've been sleeping until 10 or 11am every day. Yes, the kids are sleeping that late too. They've been staying up late with dh. What is summer for any way if you're not going to rock n' roll all night and party every day? I'm on my third day of trying to finish the laundry and so far I've only gotten one load actually done. The house is a total mess and it's driving me nuts, but I don't want to clean it. It's not the lack of caffeine or ice cream, so I'm not really sure what the problem is. Maybe the visit to the doctor next week will provide some answers.

We went to the library today and got lots of nifty books. The library is starting their summer reading program again, but we missed the visit from the firemen. Damn all this sleep! I missed the firemen! I know they're hot because the fire station is right around the corner from my house. I really was hoping for a mouth to mouth demonstration. I'm a married spud, I'm a married spud.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com