Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It was like having something stuck in your teeth

The waiting! The not knowing! The curiosity was literally killing me. I was almost to the point of psycho calling every five mintues until I got an answer. Thank goodness I didn't actually do that, but I really, really wanted to. Finally on last Friday just as I was getting ready to walk into the deposition for my workman's comp case, she called! The baby's momma of course. Apparently they had gone out of town and she forgot the charger for her cell phone. So not only had she forgotten to tell me that she was going out of town, but then her phone died and she didn't get any of my messages and couldn't call me. I suppose she could have used a pay phone, or a friends phone, but whatever. So I watched the little sweetheart last Friday night. Holy cow! A week ago he was just scooting around. Now that little boy is hauling some serious tushie! He was into everything. I have soooooo gotten completely attached, can you tell?

Dh got home safely on Saturday afternoon after being gone for a week on business. Things turned ugly on Sunday over a "discussion" about money and then things got really ugly and personal. I ended up taking the kids and leaving. At first I was just going to take them to the park and out for dinner. Then dh called to say he was sorry about the things he said to me and I stood my ground about not using me as his trash can and then things got fugly, really fugly. The kids and I spent the night in a motel with my cell phone off. Around 11pm Mikel asked if he could call his dad. I didn't want to keep the kids from dh,so I let him call. Long story short, we talked things out and we came home on Monday. We're going to start counseling again, but it's not anything we can't work through. Hopefully.

Thursday will be Mikel's last day off school, then I'll be home alone all day with both kids and sometimes the baby. I'm stocking up on the magarita mix and emergency flares. I'm putting a deadbolt lock on my bedroom door and putting a refridgerator in my closet. Seriously, the first day of school is my favorite holiday. I celebrate it like most people celebrate Christmas or their birthdays'. I've already counted the days on the calendar and have all the emergency exits clearly marked.

2 comments:

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Like that old Staples ad says... "it's the most wonderful time of the year..." Sounds like you've got a plan to deal in the meantime.

Sorry to hear about the marital troubles but I'm glad you're planning on counseling. Remember: men are men and, frequently, they are totally clueless and have no idea how they come across. (Not that I stop to remember that when I'm in the middle of the fight with the hubby, mind you.) Other than that the margarita mix sounds good.

peppypilotgirl said...

Like that old Staples ad says... "it's the most wonderful time of the year..." Sounds like you've got a plan to deal in the meantime.

Sorry to hear about the marital troubles but I'm glad you're planning on counseling. Remember: men are men and, frequently, they are totally clueless and have no idea how they come across. (Not that I stop to remember that when I'm in the middle of the fight with the hubby, mind you.) Other than that the margarita mix sounds good.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com