- "Art is the language of the heart." Margaret Mead
- "You can run an art program for an entire year for what it costs to buy a computer." Rena Upitil
- "Creativity and imagination are the keys to producing life long learners." Robert and Michelle Root-Bernstein
- "Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein
- "Movement is the door to learning." Paul E. Dennison
- "Attention deficit disorder does not reflect children's attention deficits but our lack of attention to their needs." Peter R. Bregin, M.D.
- "I've never found anything more powerful than music to begin to heal and transform every aspect of people's lives." Mitchell Daynor, M.D.
- "Violence in our time stems from not teaching music to the young." Polybius, 2BCE
- "Teaching children how to talk means teaching children how to think." Jane Healy
- "Sitting still and being quiet is not a marketable job skill." Diane Trister Dodge
- "No book is really worth reading at the age of 10 when not equally worth reading at the age of 50." C.S. Lewis
- "The best time to start reading aloud to a baby is the day it is born." Mem Fox
- "If you want your children to be smart, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be real smart, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants