Wednesday, February 02, 2011

My not quite happy birthday

I spent my day in training, learning how to restrain kiddos that get out of control before they hurt themselves or someone else.  Not the best way to spend a birthday, but it could have been worse.  It was pretty entertaining to watch the people in the bank across the way watching as we blocked punches and learned two man control holds.  Sounds exciting huh?!  It was fun even though the reason we were there wasn't so fun.

I had to take my truck into the shop because it had developed a pretty severe oil leak.  Half way through the day, I get a text message from my mom.  $1500 to fix my truck.  Ugh.  Really? I just spent over $500 three months ago to fix other problems.  I need a new truck.

On the bright side, I got tons of birthday wishes from my friends and my dad bought be cheesecake! How awesome is that.  I love cheesecake!  One of the best birthday presents ever!

P.S. He took the job in Santa Monica.  He should be home on the weekends, but I'm a big baby and don't want to be without him at all.

2 comments:

Diplo_Daddy said...

You might as well buy a new truck. $2,000 sounds excessive to me. I wonder if it would cost that much had your dad taken the truck to the shop, instead of you?

Rachel said...

My dad did take it to the shop. It ended up costing almost $900. I still want to just get a new truck.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com