Monday, November 12, 2007

Oh my achin' head!

Have you seen those commericals where the person's head is so congested that their head looks like a balloon? That's about how I feel today. It started off yesterday with my throat not feeling particularly perky and by the time I went to bed last night I couldn't breathe out of my right nostril. I don't know if it's allergies, or a cold, but it sucks. Other than my head I feel fine. Tired, but fine. I managed to walk and do my workout this morning, but when I was done I wandered around the house moaning for about 20 minutes.

I did some searching on appetite supressants last nights. See I'm losing weight and that's wonderful. But I'm hungry constantly. I don't really feel full. I'm making sure to drink lots of water and eat plenty of fiber. There are just days where all I want to do is eat! I usually walk about 5 miles three days a week and the other three days I walk about 3.5 miles and do the You On A Diet workout. I usually take Sundays off just to rest. I typically eat anywhere from 1,200 to 1,500 calories a day and no more than 19 fat grams per meal. I'm supposed to be eating around 1,800 calories a day according to the Alli plan, but unless I cram it in, I just don't eat that much. Maybe I'm not eating enough? At present I still weigh over 200 lbs. Not much over, but I'm still about 70 pounds over my eventual goal weight. When I started, I needed to lose about 120 pounds. I'm only 5'4" so you can imagine. I was starting to have some major health problems. Most of them have begun to go away just with the weight I've lost so far. Which is really good. My doctors are happy and so am I. Not having to wedge yourself into your jeans does a lot for a girl.

Any way, I had a point here. I'm just wondering if I either need to A) eat more or B) take an appetite supressant to get me past the days where all I want to do is shovel food in my mouth.

Also, I gave in today and had a peanut butter cup. I've been craving one for weeks. It didn't taste as good as I remembered. So it actually put that craving to rest. I'm not really craving the cheeseburger any more either. Weird how cravings come and go. I don't really miss much, since there are tons of healthy or healthier alternatives out there. Last weekend my family bought a pumpkin and a pecan pie at Costco and I had one tiny sliver of pumpkin and haven't wanted any more. Losing the weight is hard work, but skipping the bad foods is the easiest part.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com